Monday I was a hobbling mess. Blisters and lower back pain had me walking like a loser. In the difference of a day I’m back on my feet literally and mentally. What a difference a day makes. It’s like the 60 miles never happened. Well, that’s not true. I’m still glowing from the accomplishment; basking in the love of time well spent…and my feet aren’t exactly kiss on the beach ready. Now, there’s a rude reminder!
If I didn’t have to work tonight I would be scheduling a workout. Let the games begin. Instead I will schedule a schedule. Never have I been so excited to get out of my ruts and ruins. As the saying goes, I’m on my way. It’s time to rebuild. Find my phoenix. Truly.
So. Here are the Want-Tos:
- I want to practice yoga every day for *at least* 15 minutes. Ideally, I would love to break the routine into six different components:
- Balance – poses that focus on creating strong sense of balance (think tree pose)
- Strength – just how it sounds
- Running – poses designed to strengthen and stretch the muscles most used in running
- Flexibility – my shoulders are tight; my hips are tight…
- Meditation – the ability to focus inward and listen to my own heartbeat
- Relaxation – rewarding myself for staying true
- I want to run at least 15 miles a week.
- I want to force myself to elliptical twice a week (blech)
- I want to strength train with a professional at least twice a week
- I want to reestablish my reading routine
- I want to cook something new once a week and/or work with an ingredient I’ve never used before at least once a month.
- I want to write love letters to friends and family; send them funny packages of least-expected goodies, just to let them know I’m thinking of them.
- I want to lose this silly GrowOldGracefully pride that I have and go red. Red as in Red Hot.
- I want to get a new tattoo…scratch that. I want to get four new tattoos.
- Finally, I want to lose the fear. I’m way too smart to be so stupid.
So. There are the Want Tos. Question is – will I?